Account Manager (outside sales)
This position is located in: Schaumburg, IL 60168
The Account Manager is responsible for representing SMC in all business activities associated with customer account support. This position also has the responsibility to create and develop on-going business relationships, in an effort to increase market share and obtain growth.
- Retains and profitably grows sales through proactive management of top strategic accounts
- Presents all of SMC’s capabilities, services and products to current and prospective customers.
- Serves as the primary contact for assigned customers and is responsible for customer satisfaction.
- Represents customer’s needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality.
- Leads all aspects of the sales process, calling upon others to assist in solution development.
- Proactively manages customer’s satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential service problems, and monitoring satisfaction.
- Completes detailed SAP and forecasts as required.
- Maintains/creates very strong and deep-rooted relationships with key decision makers within designated strategic target accounts; recognized and respected by customer’s top management team within top rated accounts.
- Utilizes SMC tools and aids for communication, product research, pricing, delivery, Accounts Receivable, Global Information System, etc.
- Achieve assigned sales plan; and, meets expectations for profitability and market share.
- Organize and complete a minimum of 10 regular training sessions for customers and employees on SMC products.
- Complete minimum 12 market reports per year.
- Maintain better than career cumulative 95% actual-to-plan sales performance.
- Manage SMC assets appropriately, and be able to successfully calculate ROI using the RINGI process.
- Have passed all Pneumatic theory and other technical training required by SMC.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations.
- Communicate and teach SMC sales philosophy, strategies, and tactics to other SMC employees.
- Coaching/mentoring experiences with less senior sales staff and peers.
- Successfully complete other duties as prescribed by the Branch Manager/Sales Manager.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Fast paced environment (includes both office and field work)
- Travel with some extended stay away from home
- Physically capable of lifting SMC products and displays up to 50 lbs.
- Varying work hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five (5) years sales experience with SMC or equivalent industry sales experience.
- Extensive knowledge of SMC product lines.
- Comprehensive understanding of pneumatic components and their application.
- Thorough understanding of SMC policies and procedures.
- Detailed understanding of competitive product lines.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
- High level of competency with computer applications (i.e. - typing skills, Microsoft software, AS400, and Lotus Notes).
- Clean driving record.
Please apply using the form below by 01.18.2014.
Please only upload Word or PDF documents, and only use filenames without spaces or any special characters.