R(D)LQ Compact Cylinder with Air Cushion and Lock
Series RLQ is a compact cylinder with a built-in lock and air cushion. Should the air supply be cut off, the RLQ was designed by SMC to provide the safety of drop prevention at any point of the stroke. Additional features include standardized bypass piping, and a home position holding function. The RLQ is the perfect solution for applications which require larger kinetic energy, high stroke repeatability and decreased sound levels. Series RLQ is currently available in bore sizes of 32, 40, 50 and 63mm, with standard stroke options between 20 – 100mm.
- Large allowable kinetic energy
- Noise reduction (27% noise reduction compared to CQ2 without cushion)
- Good stroke repeatability (Metal to metal at stroke end)
- Manual override mechanism allows unlocking with simple tools
- Bypass piping type is available for applications requiring drop prevention