Air Management System
Sustainability – Condition Based Maintenance - Digitalization
- Automated Short and Long-term Standby functionality to conserve air
- Constant compressed Air Pressure, Flow & Temperature measurement
- Automated data stream for leak detection & air performance analysis
- Use the integrated OPC UA Server and/or choose Fieldbus Protocol
- Electronic or Manual pressure setting
- Standard M12 connections
- Add additional sensors via IO-Link & Digital Inputs
- IP65 Ingress protection
- ISO Quality Air achievable with SMC’s AC-D Modular Air Preparation
- Reduce wiring with a secure 100m proprietary wireless transmission range
- Soft Start functionality
- Mechanically compatible with Safety Vent Valves (Cat 4PLe)
- 4 size options to suit differing machines covering 0 – 4,000 l/min & ¼” to 1” ports
Air Management System Configurations
Air Management System Assembly
The Air Management System is available in two basic configurations that vary by the standby regulator used. The A type utilizes the electro-pneumatic regulator while the B type uses the manual type standby regulator. Both types include an isolation valve and can be configured as remotes (SA) or as fieldbus connected bases (EN, PN). The hubs have an extra IO link port for connection to additional devices that can communicate through the system.
EXA1 Air Management Hub
The heart of the Air Management System is the hub. Based on the PF3A flow sensor, the hub generates flow, pressure and temperature data to quantify machine operation. The standalone or remote hubs can communicate wirelessly with the base units. The base units have fieldbus communication for connection to the PLC while process data is provided via OPC UA to the customer analytics system.
ITV-X399 Standby Electro-Pneumatic Regulator
The ITV-X399 standby electro-pneumatic regulator adds functionality to the standard ITV for use in the Air Management System. Like standard ITV, it allows the user to electronically control the pressure to the device. The capability of setting a standby pressure has been added, and the non-relieving design allows the system to decay to this pressure before the ITV maintains it at the set lower pressure. A pressure ramp feature is also added that permits a controlled pressurization at start-up and eliminates the need for a separate soft-start device.
AR20S-50S Standby Regulator
The AR*S series standby regulator provides a simple, mechanical method of introducing a reduced, standby pressure to the Air Management System. A non-relieving design, the AR*S allows the system to decay naturally to the standby pressure to minimize the air required to bring the system back to full pressure after a short idle period.
Residual Pressure Relief 3-Port Solenoid Valve
The VP*E-X660/X661 series isolation (residual pressure relief) valves facilitate the Air Management System putting the machine in isolation mode for a longer-term idle state. This eliminates constant losses due to leaks in the downstream equipment. The soft option is recommended when using the AR*S series standby regulator for controlled pressurization of the system.