Sliders – Ball Screw DriveAn LEFS slider, or rodless, type electric actuator features a load mounting platform situated above a ball screw drive. A flexible seal band permits platform movement while preventing grease and foreign matter from entering the drive. Advantages include a low profile height, shorter overall length than rod types, and better positioning repeatability than belt drives.
The original LEFS slider features an inline motor with a cover. Because the motor drives the ballscrew directly, additional cost of a belt and pulley system is avoided. The motor cover is taller than the load platform, so be aware of potential interference at the origin position.
- Body sizes: 16, 25, 32, 40
- Maximum work load: 60 kg
- Maximum speed: 1200 mm/s (H lead, step motor, size 25 or larger)
- Stroke range: 50 to 1000 mm in 50 mm increments
- Positioning repeatability: ±0.02 mm
- Motor types: high load step motor or high speed servo motor
The 11-LEFS is the clean room version of the standard LEFS. This version is only available with the inline motor. Strokes are available in 50mm increments only.
- Same features and performance as standard LEFS, plus:
- ISO Class 4 / US FED STD 209E Class 10 Clean room
- Built-in vacuum piping with exhaust port for removing generated particles
25A-LEFS Electric Actuator, Slider Type, Ball Screw Drive, Step Motor/ Servo Motor, Secondary Battery
The 25A- series variations are compatible with secondary battery manufacturing for electronics, automotive, and other vehicle types. Design goals include eliminating copper (Cu) and zinc (Zn) materials where possible, and employing a low dew point grease that retains lubricity even in low manufacturing temperatures. Please note that copper and zinc materials are used for the motors, cables, controllers and drivers.
- Same features and performance as standard LEFS
- Stainless steel bolts for construction
- Low dew point grease functional down to -70°C
- Copper and zinc free except for motor, cables and controller
- Non-standard materials for compatibility with secondary/rechargeable battery manufacturing